Digital Library Support
Summary of project and role:
To develop some skills like vocabulary expansion, thinking and writing skills, improved focus and fluency, we have set-up a library where such skills can be nurtured through reading habits in students. Our students are young adolescents (10-24 years old). The library’s goal is to provide a rich reading resource for students to develop these skills. We are looking for a volunteer who can support us in setting up this library and engage students regularly. Currently the format of the library is online due to covid. .
- Curate a diverse list of interesting and relevant books in Hindi and English for the age group of 10-24 years old.
- Organise, design and hold group reading sessions through engaging activities to build students interest in reading
- Support students in identifying books of their interest.
- Create spaces of reflection for students to share their learnings and challenges from the experience of reading.
- Strategics with the Library Team on creative ideas to achieve the purpose of initiative.
Time commitment: 3-4 hours per week
Duration: At Least 4- 6 months
Qualifications and requirements:
We are looking for someone who is an avid reader and a bookworm himself and herself and will enjoy working with young adolescent students to develop their reading habits.
- Nurture your skills to start an initiative from scratch at an organisation.
- Working towards a cause like education will help you to make a positive contribution in the growth of the society. There is no greater joy than knowing you have made a difference in someone’s life.
- Working with Manzil will broaden your perspective. You will learn working with people from different socio-economic backgrounds.. It will help you build some essential values of empathy, trust, team-work and equality.
- As a part of a team, you will not only gain leadership skills, you will also learn Team-Work.
- You get to become part of many life-changing stories of young people you work and spend time with here.
Location: Remote Working due to Covid.
Contact Person: Vandana Arya