Summary of project and role:
At Manzil, we believe learning English supports young people from low-income families to be job ready as it drastically improves their communication skills. We are looking for a volunteer who can help in training a set of young teachers to take English Classes. The students are mostly 13 years old and above and classes are held thrice a week. We are looking for a volunteer who can support the English learning of these teachers.
- Teach basic English Skills including reading, writing and speaking
- Compose lesson plans in order to successfully incorporate the full duration of each lesson.
- Engage students to ensure a lively classroom atmosphere.
- Instruct students about the structure and content of the English language – spellings, grammar, pronunciation, sentence compositions.
- Always on look-out for opportunities for students that helps them develop their skills with real experiences.
- Participate in the required team processes.
7-8 hours every week
Duration: At Least 3-4 months
Qualifications and requirements:
- Previous experience as an English teacher is preferable else freshers are also welcome.
- A patient and resilient personality who can work with young teachers to enable their learning.
- Should be punctual and disciplined.
- Well versed in concepts of English subject.
- Should have their own laptop and good wi-fi connection to take sessions
- Working towards a cause like education will help you to make a positive contribution in the growth of the society. There is no greater joy than knowing you have made a difference in someone’s life.
- Working with Manzil will broaden your perspective. You will learn working with people from different socio-economic backgrounds.. It will help you build some essential values of empathy, trust, team-work and equality.
- As a part of a team, you will not only gain leadership skills, you will also learn Team-Work.
- Nurture your skills as a teacher with a group of learners.
- You get to become part of many life-changing stories of young people you work and spend time with here.
Location: Remote Working due to Covid.
Contact Person: Vandana and Reena