Financial Literacy Training
Summary of project and role:
At Manzil, we believe both earning and managing our money is an important 21st century skill. We are looking for a volunteer who can hold sessions with young adolescents we work with on themes like understanding our financial needs, Managing personal expenditure, Importance of savings and useful investments for needs like education, health etc.
- Support in designing and implementing an engaging curriculum for financial literacy
- Researching different Financial Schemes, Investment Opportunities in which people can responsibly invest.
- To be able to deliver and customize course material to both individuals and groups depending upon their existing understanding of the issue.
- Always on look-out for opportunities for students that helps them develop their skills with real experiences.
Time commitment: 7-8 hours in a week.
Duration: At least 4-6 month
Qualifications and requirements:
- At Least 1-2 year working experience in Accounting and Financing
- Good people skills and should have a passion for teaching in general.
- Should be punctual and disciplined.
- Well versed in researching relevant schemes, data required to design and implement curriculum.
- Should have their own laptop and good wi-fi connection to take sessions
- Working towards a cause like education will help you to make a positive contribution in the growth of the society. There is no greater joy than knowing you have made a difference in someone’s life.
- Working with Manzil will broaden your perspective. You will learn working with people from different socio-economic backgrounds.. It will help you build some essential values of empathy, trust, team-work and equality.
- As a part of a team, you will not only gain leadership skills, you will also learn Team-Work.
- Nurture your skills as a teacher with a group of learners.
- You get to become part of many life-changing stories of young people you work and spend time with here.
Location: Remote Working due to Covid.