Maths Teaching and Coordination
Summary of project and role:
At Manzil, we believe learning Mathematics provides young people from low-income families an effective way of building mental discipline and encourages logical reasoning and mental rigour. We are looking for a volunteer who can help in training a set of young teachers to take Mathematics classes and teach in classes sometimes. The students are mostly 13 years old and above and classes are held thrice a week.
- Planning and presenting lessons to facilitate students’ understanding and real life application of mathematical concepts.
- Review the curriculum and propose changes for improvement.
- Documenting and reporting on students’ progress.
- Attending subject and teacher’s meetings.
- Always on look-out for opportunities for students that helps them develop their skills with real experiences.
Time commitment: 6-7 hours in a week.
Duration: At least 4-6 months
Qualifications and requirements:
- Previous experience as a Maths teacher is preferable, else freshers are also welcome.
- Fundamentals concepts in the context of use and need of day to day life of a common man.
- Ready to learn personally and experiment, introduce new ways of learning to make the session more joyful and participatory.
- A patient and resilient personality who can work with young teachers to enable their learning.
- Should be punctual and disciplined.
- Well versed in concepts of Maths subject.
- Should have their own laptop and good wi-fi connection to take sessions
- Working towards a cause like education will help you to make a positive contribution in the growth of society. There is no greater joy than knowing you have made a difference in someone’s life.
- Working with Manzil will broaden your perspective. You will learn working with people from different socio-economic backgrounds. It will help you build some essential values of empathy, trust, team-work and equality.
- As a part of a team, you will not only gain leadership skills, you will also learn Team-Work.
- Nurture your skills as a teacher with a group of learners.
- You get to become part of many life-changing stories of young people you work and spend time with here.
Location: Remote Working due to Covid.
Contact Person: Uma Rawat