Summary of project and role:
At Manzil, we curate a quarterly newsletter which consists of Student Voices and Expression in the form of Art pieces, Photos, Videos and Reflections. We are looking for a volunteer who can support us a Newsletter Editor to design and curate this important piece which is shared with all the stakeholders of Manzil.
- Design, Plan, organize, edit- proof read and write parts of the content of quarterly newsletter on Mailchimp with Newsletter Team
- Suggest stories and generate ideas in alignment with targeted audience’s preferences
- Gather and choose possible visual content (photos,videos) for newsletter
- Oversee layout (artwork, design, photography) and check content for accuracy and errors
- Support in Technical Error Resolution of Mail-chimp Designing
Time commitment: 2-3 hours per week
Duration: At Least 6-8 months
Qualifications and requirements:
- Someone with a background in Communications and Content Design especially Newsletters.
- Well versed with platforms like Mail-chimp.
- Able to work with other members of “newsletter team” to communicate expectations, goals, deadlines, etc.
- Attention to detail, especially in editing, proofing.
- Proficient computer skills—use of Word, emailing, Internet
- Nurture your skills to frame the communication piece of an organisation.
- Working towards a cause like education will help you to make a positive contribution in the growth of the society. There is no greater joy than knowing you have made a difference in someone’s life.
- Working with Manzil will broaden your perspective. You will learn working with people from different socio-economic backgrounds.. It will help you build some essential values of empathy, trust, team-work and equality.
- As a part of a team, you will not only gain leadership skills, you will also learn Team-Work.
- You get to become part of many life-changing stories of young people you work and spend time with here.
Location: Remote Working due to Covid.